Public Relations Commentary

Increasingly, public relations pracititioners have to know not only how to write for the Web, but also how to manage and respond to blog postings. This blog was created to use in my public relations courses to help my students prepare to blog and learn how to respond to others in a virtual yet professional manner.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Class on Weds, Nov. 1

Hey everyone, just a quick note about class this week...

I should be back in Gainesville from my interview at NC State, but just in case, here's what I'd like for you to do:

1) Kirsten and Sara will start off class (with or without me there) talking about infrastructure nonprofits.

IF I'm not back, then get in your research groups and write up an exact plan with all the details (dates, etc.) of when you are going to collect the data for your research group--even if I am back, I'm going to let you break out into your groups near the end of class and prepare this information for me. So go ahead and start talking it over with your group members.

I'm scheduled to be back in town by noon, so I can't imagine that I wouldn't be back in Gainesville by the time the infrastructure presentation would be completed.

I'll cover the Salamon chapter on demographic, technology, and leadership changes in nonprofit organizations--but I'm mostly going to focus on leadership and we'll do some exercises to see what type of leaders we all are and the implications of those leadership styles for nonprofit organizations.

Y'all have a great wkend, and I'll be checking my email and the blog over the course of the next few days so if you have any questions feel free to contact me!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home