Public Relations Commentary

Increasingly, public relations pracititioners have to know not only how to write for the Web, but also how to manage and respond to blog postings. This blog was created to use in my public relations courses to help my students prepare to blog and learn how to respond to others in a virtual yet professional manner.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Put on your thinking caps!

Ok, so I am burning up this blog today ... I'll try not to make a habit of it. This has nothing to do with this week's topics, but I thought it was interesting. (Which means ya'll will too, right?)

UF donor resigns in stock scandal
THE CEO OF A HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANY HAS UF BUILDINGS BEARING HIS NAME.

This article is in today's Alligator, BUT it's an AP article! If the AP picked it up ....

If you were in charge of public relations for the university, what would you do following the release of this news?

**Note: The museum students will probably know of this person.**

1 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM, October 16, 2006, Blogger Giselle said…

    I learned about William McGuire during my brief stint at the UF Foundation this summer. My work was researching (read: Googling) named facility donors, and when McGuire's name came up, so did a slew of articles about his financial issues at UnitedHealth. I did remember thinking that maybe UF wouldn't like the idea of the namesake behind their Butterfly Garden (aka the William McGuire Center for Lepidoptera and Biodiversity) being embroiled in a stock scandal, the proceeds from which may have financed said Butterfly Garden. That's quite the PR pickle, and I'll be interested to see how UF handles it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home