Public Relations Commentary

Increasingly, public relations pracititioners have to know not only how to write for the Web, but also how to manage and respond to blog postings. This blog was created to use in my public relations courses to help my students prepare to blog and learn how to respond to others in a virtual yet professional manner.

Monday, March 24, 2008

CRM

I'm not convinced that CRM is the devil. If you can buy something you would normally buy anyway and donate some money to a good cause in the process, why not? I don't care that my dollar is going to one charity over another - that would defeat the purpose of giving, right? If giving to a specific charity is that important to me, then I'll write them a separate check.

I think it is up to the NPO to set clear boundaries going into the CRM deal to control the inflence that a company would have concerning the NPO. Do they get to say where the money goes? etc... If boundaries are clearly laid out then problems should be avoided. I agree that it is possible for NPO to be so dazzled by a potential donation that they would skip this step or agree to things that were contrary to the mission of the NPO. Strong, clear leadership within the NPO is the key to avoiding potential problems of CRM.

I wonder with what frequency there are problems with CRM deals...Is this an fairly isolated problem that bad press or bad deals corrupt CRM campaigns?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home