Public Relations Commentary

Increasingly, public relations pracititioners have to know not only how to write for the Web, but also how to manage and respond to blog postings. This blog was created to use in my public relations courses to help my students prepare to blog and learn how to respond to others in a virtual yet professional manner.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Think Twice before you order those Thin Mints!

So a troop of Ohio Girl Scouts are taking cookie eaters to court for not paying for them. Now, the Girl Scouts allowed them to sign and pick up the cookies in some sort of I-Owe-You aggreement? That just doesn't make real business sense. But, read it for yourself on MSNBC.

I can see taking someone to court for the $3,500 owed in cookies (May the gods help that person--who ever needs that many freakin' Samoas?), but a court case over $54? I think if I were the Girl Scouts, I'd chalk that one up to a loss and rethink my cookie-selling strategy. No pay, no thin mints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home